There are so many options for stone fireplaces, and they can be overwhelming. Natural stone fireplaces come in a wide variety of colours and textures. You may find stones with natural veining and you will have to consider the size and scale of fireplace you want in your home.
Here are some of the most popular options for stone fireplaces:
- Old-world: If you are looking for old-world charm, cobblestone may be just the thing. These stones provide a delightful textural addition to your home.
- Multifunctional: With options like built-in seating and a cut-out arch, your fireplace can be more than just a fireplace. It can have built-in storage areas and more.
- Retro: Combining sleek stone, like granite or slate, with wood can give you a clean look for your modern home.
- Lodge style: Bring the ski resort home with you by building your very own lodge-style fireplace. Rough cut stone combined with a large wooden mantel can give you this effect.
- Floor to ceiling: The drama of a floor to ceiling stone fireplace can be quite impressive. Consideration may need to be given to the weight of the stone used.
Stone fireplaces can be created with a variety of stones, including cobblestones, slate, limestone, and granite.